1. By entering into this Competition, participants agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
2. This Competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) aged 18 and above (the “Participants”) and excludes employees of the AkzoNobel group of companies, their families or agents or any other person connected with the running of this Competition.
3. To enter the Competition, you must leave a comment on the Gizmodo UK website’s page: Win tickets to Dulux’s Let’s Colour Awards in London telling them your favourite nomniee from the technology and design category.
4. This Competition will run from 20 February 2013 until midday 22 February 2013. All entries must be received before 12pm on 22 February 2013 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted.
5. Only one entry per person will be permitted.
6. No third party or joint submissions will be accepted.
7. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged or lost. Proof of submission of an entry is not proof or receipt.
8. The winner will receive 2 tickets to the Dulux Let’s Colour Awards Ceremony on Tuesday 26th February 2013, London Fashion and Textile Museum, 83 Bermondsey Street, SE1 3XF, 7pm – 10pm restricted to over 18s, smart dress code.
9. The prize winner will be selected at random from the valid entries.
10. The prize winner will be notified by on the 22 February via email. If any winner is unable to be contacted after a reasonable period of time, a replacement winner may be selected at the Promoter’s discretion.
11. Details of the prize winner will be announced on Gizmodo UK's website once the prize winner has been notified.
12. The prize is subject to availability and the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of a similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
13. No cash equivalent or alternative will be provided for any prize awarded under the Competition and the prize is not redeemable for cash.
14. The prize is personal to the winner, not transferable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or promotions.
15. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause to exclude any Participants in this Competition or withhold any prize where there has been a violation of any of these terms and conditions.
16. In the event of a dispute the decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By participating in this Competition, all Participants are deemed to give their consent to appear in future publicity materials or other promotional events and activities related to this Competition.
18. By participating in this Competition, Participants acknowledge and agree that certain personal data relating to them (including their name) may be disclosed to third parties.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to amend or withdraw this Competition in whole or in part, temporarily or permanently, without prior notice or compensation.
20. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes:
1. all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied; and
2. any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any Participant in connection with this Competition. This shall not be deemed to exclude or restrict liability for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of the Promoter, or its employees or agents.
21. Please retain these terms and conditions for future reference. Alternatively further copies are available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the Promoter.
22. This Competition is governed by the laws of England and Wales and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
23. The Promoter is Imperial Chemical Industries Limited (trading as ICI Paints AkzoNobel, Wexham Road, Slough, Berkshire SL2 5DS (“Promoter”). The competition will be co-ordinated by Mischief PR, 60 Great Portland Street, London W1W 7RT.
24. Data protection: the Promoter is committed to protecting the privacy of Participants. Any information collected in connection with this Competition will only be used by the Promoter or its agents for the purposes of marketing or administering this Competition and future promotions or publicity material relating to this Competition.
25. The ICI Roundel, “Dulux”, “Dulux Let’s Colour” are trade marks of the AkzoNobel group © AkzoNobel 2013.