Nokia. Nokia, Nokia. You were doing things well. You made a smartphone that was well received, and looked nothing like an iPhone. People liked it. People are buying it. And then you created a video parody of Rack City. Nokia...
The video—which director Aaron Perkins Jr. says was shot at a Nokia office in Boston—is without a doubt, the worst thing of its kind. It makes the Windows Phone 7 sorority rap squad look like Lil Kim. It makes us cringe to the point that our faces might implode and create a black hole.
The following things are in this video:
- A guy saying "dev city kid, dev dev city kid" over and over
- Ironic, stupid, horribly tired "WHITE GUY DOING ZANY RAP THING" tropes
- A limousine from a bad prom
- Multiple soul patches
- A slob in a hoodie and fedora
- "I want a Lumia in my pocket so I'm ready to win"
Nokia. You just made Cher Lloyd actually look cool.
Update: Nokia tells us it's "investigating this video internally," which means, wow, Aaron Perkins Jr. has gone off the rails. Maybe Nokia isn't totally responsible for this advertisement mushroom cloud?