It's OC-day, that's the first official day of the London 2012 Olympic Games marked by the Opening Ceremony. That kicks off tonight, and is bound to be a wondrous occassion, filled with British pride and spectacular choreography, if everyone can get there that is. It's not quite as hot, so maybe the trains will be able to stop this time around, as long as the drivers aren't necking performance-enhancing beer that is.
It's day 1 of the Olympics, but not many events before Olympic Opening Ceremony apart from the odd spot of football and archery that is. Still, plenty actually happened, even if it wasn't sport related.
- Great Britain (Men) Didn't Get Beat In the Football, But It Was Close
- Laura Robson Sneaks Into the GB Olympic Tennis Singles
- Brewdog Sticks Its Middle Finger Up to the Games With Its Performance-Enhancing Beer
- Specsavers Jumps On the Korean Flag Fiasco, Cheeky Buggers
- Jeremy Hunt Gets a Little Too Enthusiastic With His Olympic Bell Ringing, Almost Clocking a Woman In the Head With His Clanger
- "Unticketed" Means It's Not For You, Not That It's Free, as Hundreds of Archery Speculative-Spectators Found Out
- Police Don't Take too Kindly to Olympic Torch Relay Gatecrashers, as This Fake Torchbearer Found Out
- Cameron Responds to Some American Nob Dissing Our Olympics
If you've seen anything funny, awesome or horrendous actually at the Olympics, or in the press, let us know and we'll include it in our daily wrap ups. Just send us a tip and get your name on Giz.