Everyone knows that having tech expertise can net some big bucks. But what skills specificially will get you on the path to an early retirement? Better start learning how to code database and security software.
Workspan conducted a study in which they rounded up the highest paying certified and non certified computer skills. Most of the non-certified skills revolve around database programming, while the certified ones are for software design and security solutions.
The top 7 non-certified skills are:
- Information security skills.
- SAP Hana
- Predictive analytics and modeling
- Complex-event processing
- Infrastructure architecture
- Oracle e-business suite/fusion
Meanwhile the Top 7 certified skills are:
- Cisco certified design expert
- PMI program management professional
- Open group master architect
- Microsoft certified architect
- GIAC security leadership
- Certified in risk and information systems control
- Project management professional
- Oracle DBA administrator certifiedThe study also goes on to say that the non-certified set of skills is ultimately more valuable in the job market than the certified ones, so don't feel like you have to drop a tonne of money on classes for skills you already think you have. Long story short, it's never been a better time to be geeky. [Workspan]
Image via Shutterstock/Artpose Adam Borkowski