We've been building up to and enjoying the Olympics for so long now that the idea of it coming to an end is almost one that is too hard to bear. But bear it we must, because the games are almost at their HALFWAY point.
All of which means that the merchandising that has clogged up the shops will soon be rendered pointless. Best to stock up on your London 2012 tat now then – before long it'll all be antique material and your grandchildren will become millionaires when they sell it all in 2176. Reduce your initial outlay NOW by heading to play.com, where they've reduced their Olympics 'merch' by 50 per cent! Oh yes! Gold medals to us for digging out THAT one for you...
- Nokia Lumia 710 – yours for only £99.95 and £10 top up.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 8GB – only £199.99 with possible cashback.
- ASUS EeePad Transformer TF101 Tablet (refurb) – just £187.37.
- Sony 40” Full HD 1080p HD LCD Smart TV – yours for £389.99.
- Playstation Plus and Store update (including free Dead Space 2 and Rock of Ages).
- Wii Music – only £2.49.
- Virgin 30-day SIM-only (1200 min, 1GB data, unlimited texts) – only £12.00.
- Toshiba C660, Intel Sandy Bridge Dual Core B815 laptop – just £229.29.
- Apocalypse Now (3-disc Special Edition Blu-ray, including Hearts of Darkness) – only £16.53.
- Escape Plan (PS Vita) DLC – ‘The Underground’ – just £1.59 at PS Store or FREE with Glitch
- Nintendo Wii with Mario Kart and Wii Wheel - just £80.00.