Yesterday, Microsoft launched its new email service, Outlook, and achieved the impossible: it's bloody brilliant. Now, early-adopters are swarming over usernames — and some have managed to snag email addresses that you'd think Microsoft should have kept to one side.
The Verge has reported that, so far, some rather famous names have had their email addresses grabbed:
- email@example.com (claimed by PC Pro)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (which has now spawned the excellent Ballmer on Ballmer)
- email@example.com (also featuring on Ballmer on Ballmer)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (snagged by Ryan Hoffman)
- email@example.com (OK, so that one's just amusing)
All of which are quite amusing, but it's odd that Microsoft hasn't reserved addresses like donotreply. That leads us to suspect, then, that there must be plenty more where they came from — so let us know if you've signed up with a particularly good one. [Verge]