Back in 1951, the Soviet Union started the construction of the Tangansky Protected Command Point, a secret 75,000-square-foot (7,000 square metres) military complex located 213 foot (65 meters) under Moscow's streets, near the Taganskaya subway station.
The Soviets built this gigantic compound at the beginning of the Cold War, once it was clear that the possibility of a nuclear conflict with the United States was as real as the World War that just ended just a few years later. The post became the Alternate Command Center of Long-Range Aviation, in case the original one got nuked.
Decades later, after the Perestroika, the decaying bunker was declassified. In 2006 a private company bought it to turn it into a Cold War museum. Their plan was to also build a restaurant, a spa and, apparently, some kind of strip club or gaudy bar, whatever the hell that thing in the photos is. Now, their project is almost finished, as you can see in these images. [Moscow Walks via English Russia]