Nashville? Brannan? Rise? More like rise out of bed and go to hell, because a new Instagram update just dropped with big improvements and a new filter. Yeah, a new one. Go Instagram your eyeballs which just popped out.
Instagram 3.2 — which should be available for download right now — has a redesigned face. Here's what matters:
- - New buttons (press them!)
- - Photo composition grid (plus a grid for cropping)
- - Tilt-shift blurring that doesn't look like shit
- - Instagrammed photos are saved in their own folder, where reality can be distorted at will, rather than being in the camera roll with all the boring "realistic" pictures you take.
- - Photo locations will open up in Foursquare for more information
And hey, that new filter. It's called "Willow," which sounds exactly like what an Instagram filter should be called. According to Instagram, "Willow is a monochrome filter with subtle purple tones and a translucent glowing white border. This filter works well on portraits, still life and architecture photographs with contrast." Architecture or your feet at the beach, who cares.
There are also some smaller speed improvements and UI refinements, but let's just start Willow-ing the shit out of everything right now. [Instagram]