With the festive season clearly upon us, I could think of nothing better than doing a festive-themed Shooting Challenge for you to do over the next week and a bit. Actually, that’s a lie; I could think of a better theme, but I needed to bang this challenge out pretty quickly.
Let’s get straight to it shall we?
This week’s challenge is a piece of mince pie: simply snap your Christmas! Really, it is that simple. It could be fun, sad, full of happy people, crying children, miserable fuckers or even you with your latest gadget (you might be a miserable fucker with your latest gadget). Artistic shots are welcome, but this challenge is all about the funnies! Make us smile. Put the spirit of Christmas in your images.
As I don’t have any Christmassy images of my own to use, a quick Flickr search brought up some ‘interesting results’ (remember, Safe Search is there for a reason). However, it is these couple of beauts from Flickr user Kenyee that really shows us what Christmas is all about.
My personal favourite of his is this image right here:
Who doesn’t remember their first computer? Mine was a secondhand ZX81 that I had a couple of weeks early and so had nothing to open on Xmas day aside from a couple of of bars of chocolate and some socks. Was my worst Christmas ever as my 3 sisters had a bin bag each full of presents.
- Submissions MUST be your own work.
- Submit up to five images
- Photos must be taken after the challenge was published; so no existing shots please.
- Minimal image post-processing is allowed (global changes to levels, brightness, contrast and cropping are permitted)
- Explain, briefly in your submission email, the equipment, settings, technique used and more importantly for this challenge, where the image was taken. Please ensure EXIF info is intact (if image was taken digitally).
- Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, not me.
- Please ensure your image is at least 600px wide and less than 3MB in size.
- Save your image as a JPG, and use the following naming convention FirstnameLastnameXmas.jpg
- Don’t forget to include a shooting summary (see above).
- Send your best photos by Monday, 31st December 2012 at 6pm UK time with “Xmas” in the subject line.
- Anyone can enter, regardless of location.
- The most important rule — HAVE FUN AND A GREAT CHRISTMAS