Every week in the run up to Christmas, the Giz Santa will rifle through her desk drawer and produce a different mobile for a good little boy or girl. But unlike the fat man who shimmies down your chimney, Giz Santa actually requires you prove your worth with a new challenge every week. This week's challenge? Why, you need to dust off your Photoshop skillz by illustrating your favourite tech story of 2012.
To enter, just cast your mind back to 2012's gadget launches; tech stories, and the other outlandish stories we've covered on Giz UK. Will you choose to illustrate Google skipping out on its tax bill? Samsung vs. Apple? Facebook buying Instagram? The Kim Dotcom saga? The brief fortnight where everyone was obsessed with Draw Something?
- Submissions MUST be your own work, and you can submit no more than two images.
- You can use any software, such as Photoshop, MS Paint, etc.
- Email submissions to email@example.com, not me.
- Please ensure your image is at least 600px wide and less than 3MB in size. Aspect ratio must be 16:9 (that means your image should be 640 x 360, or 960 x 540.) Images received in any aspect ratio other than 16:9 will be excluded.
- Save your image as a JPG, and use the following naming convention FirstnameLastname.jpg
- Send your best photos by Friday, 7th December at 9am UK time with “Photoshop Challenge” in the subject line.
- Anyone can enter, regardless of location.
- Judges' decision is final.
- When entering, you give Gizmodo UK permission to reuse your images editorially (with credit).
- The most important rule — HAVE FUN.
- The winner will be announced at 1pm this Friday.