Student James White, 21, admitted to frying up his flatmate's hamster, after an extreme case of the drunken nibbles went tragically wrong.
White, who was so drunk he claimed to have no memory of the event and told arresting police officers his name was "1, 2, 3, 4," admitted to putting the pet in the frying pan, but not until it had apparently, and rather suspiciously/conveniently died from a heart attack minutes earlier.
He has been given the benefit of the doubt over that claim, handed a £1,000 costs order, will have to carry out 120 hours of unpaid work and now has an eight-year ban from keeping animals seeing as he can't be trusted not to fry them up with a bit of red wine and some pepper after a few beers.
The judge said: "I have no doubt you are a decent hardworking young man. But you had consumed far too much alcohol. You have now, by virtue of your treatment of this small unfortunate rodent, acquired a criminal conviction." [The Sun (graphic photo warning)]
Image credit: Raw hamster from Shutterstock