It's a common fact that the CEOs usually get all the headlines and limelight. Look at all your favourite companies, and I bet in most cases you can only name the big guys at the top, rather than those toiling behind the scenes, making the products and services we use and love. This week, in association with Dell, we're celebrating those unsung heroes with their very own week...welcome to The Dreamers.
This week, you can expect to see interviews and profiles on many people you won't have heard of before, from inventors whose perfectly-innocent creations were repurposed for evil uses; a look at how a camera designer came up with the Canon PowerShot N; interviews with the engineer behind the land-speed record car Bloodhound, and the guy who ensures Ticketmaster doesn't crumble under the weight of hundreds of thousands of ticket-hungry music-fans. Plus plenty more, in addition to our usual news and stories.
Keep this tab open, as we'll add everything from The Dreamers here, for access as easy as an unmanned pick 'n mix cabinet's.
- Good Inventions That Took an Evil Frankensteinian Turn. Read More >>
- “A Rather Unusual Way to Write Books”: The First Literary Work Produced With a Word Processor. Read More >>
- Sketches Show How Canon’s Designer Dared to Create an Almost-Square Camera. Read More >>
- The Daredevil Engineer, On What Drove Him to Create the 1,000MPH Car. Read More >>
- Who Created Our Favourite Sweets, and Why? Read More >>
- Almon Brown Strowger, and the Evolution of the Rotary Phone Read More>>
- Five People You’ve Never Heard Of, Who Invented Technology You Use Every Day Read More >>
- Shooting Challenge #15 — Street Photography (Win a Canon This Week, Too). Read More >>
- The Women Ensuring Future Generations Can Code Read More>>
- One Ticketmaster Man’s Journey From Call Centre Lackey to Global Systems Engineering Director Read More>>
- Harry Grindell Matthews, Madcap Inventor of the Death Ray and the Sky Projector Read More>>
- Making Android Phones More Usable, With HTC’s UX Designer Drew Bamford Read More>>
- Why I’m Building a New Social Platform Read More>>
- An Inside Look at the Murky World of Android Developers Read More>>