Kitchen gadgets -- we all have a favourite and we all have one we've purchased on a whim only for it to be used once and then placed in eternal damnation in the back of a cupboard. For me, my current favourite gadget is my Nespresso machine, whereas my purchase of regret wasn't so much a purchase, but a gift for my better half; a mini cupcake maker -- we've used it once.
Anyhooo, as you've probably guessed, this week's shooting challenge is 'Kitchen Gagets'. We want to see your favourite, your most hated, your most faithful (ie. oldest, yet still working) or your newest. We don't want to see some random snap; get creative with it, shoot it from strange angles, get close, be abstract, imagine you're shooting a lifestyle photo for a posh Sunday Supplement (you know, the ones with the Halogen Desktop Cookers advertised in them).
There's a fab prize on offer this week; and it's in-keeping with the gadget theme -- a cool LED watch courtesy of those masters of mysterious timekeepers, Tokyoflash. One lucky person will soon be sporting one of their Kisai Tenmetsu watches (worth over £60).
The example image is 'Chop Chop' by Flickr user Sharon Drumnond. Something as simple as a chopper can look amazing from the right angle, with the right lighting and the right aperture.
- Submissions MUST be your own work.
- Submit up to five images
- Photos must be taken after the challenge was published; so no existing shots please.
- Minimal image post-processing is allowed (global changes to levels, brightness, contrast and cropping are permitted)
- Explain, briefly in your submission email, the equipment, settings, technique used and a bit about the gadget. Please ensure EXIF info is intact (if image was taken digitally).
- Email submissions to email@example.com, not me.
- Please ensure your image is at least 600px wide and less than 3MB in size.
- Save your image as a JPG, and use the following naming convention FirstnameLastnameKitchen.jpg
- Don't forget to include a shooting summary (see above).
- Send your best photos by Monday, 24th June 2013 at 6pm UK time with "Shooting Challenge - Kitchen" in the subject line.
- Anyone can enter, regardless of location.
- The most important rule -- HAVE FUN