Steak Laced With LSD Hospitalises Family

By Gary Cutlack on at

A family of four had to be taken to hospital after eating some steak bought from a US supermarket chain. It soon emerged that the meat had been laced with LSD by someone somewhere in the supply chain. For a laugh.

The story's made even more grim by the fact that the 31-year-old Jessica Rosado was pregnant at the time, with the unplanned acid trip forcing doctors to induce labour to get her baby out ASAP. Her boyfriend and two other children also ate the tainted meat, experiencing hallucinations and also requiring hospitalisation.

None of the above is funny. It's only funny when it happens to Ben Fogle and even then it comes with some guilt attached to the chuckling. [Opposing Views]

Image credit: Steaks from Shutterstock