Like it or not, technology is something many of us can no longer live without. It is part of our daily lives and it both helps (hello internet) and hinders us (no effing signal again!). But what’s your favourite piece of technology? Photograph it and you could win this week’s Shooting Challenge.
For this Shooting Challenge I want you to make a photograph of your favourite piece of tech kit. It could be anything you like; your telephone, your TV, your set top box or a can opener. Along with the photograph and some background info on the technique used, I also want you to include a few words on why your chosen photographic subject is your favourite.
There’s no specific technique or this week’s challenge; just photograph your favourite piece of tech in a creative and visually appealing way.
This week’s example is of a vintage bakelite telephone courtesy of Flickr user macinate.
- Follow the brief
- Submissions must be your own work.
- Submit up to five images
- Photos must be taken after the challenge was published; so no existing shots please.
- Minimal image post-processing is permitted (global changes only)
- Explain briefly in your submission email the equipment, settings, technique used and the story behind the image/images.
- Ensure EXIF info is intact (if image was taken digitally).
- Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please ensure your image is at least 600px wide and less than 3MB in size.
- Save your image as a JPG, and use the following naming convention FirstnameLastnametechnology.jpg
- Don’t forget to include a shooting summary (see above).
- Send your best photos by Monday, June 9th 2014 at 6pm UK time with “Shooting Challenge - Technology” in the subject line.
- Anyone can enter, regardless of location.
- The most important rule — HAVE FUN!