Those photos we are sometimes lucky enough to snap in a split-second of opportunity are moments where we're reminded how much we like photography. For this week's challenge, we want you to arm yourself with your camera, and try and capture something extraordinary in that brief moment of chance.
It could be the moment your friend scores a goal. The moment a peacock shakes its tail. It could be an egg, just hitting a saucepan of boiling water. A just-married bride, throwing her bouquet into a throng of single ladies. Someone back-flipping into a pool. We want you to take a chance, and see what you can come up with.
I love this photo from Flickr user Furlined, who managed to snap the moment one of his two cats landed on the other's back, in pursuit of a flying toy. I wonder what the outcome of that race was...
This week we're celebrating Braun's new line of watches; the company's first collection in two years. They're on sale today, and the lucky winner of this Shooting Challenge will get their hands on one of the new models, specifically the BN0159, which combines analogue looks with digital functions.
- Follow the brief
- Submissions must be your own work.
- Photos must be taken after the challenge was published; so no existing shots please.
- Minimal image post-processing is permitted (global changes only)
- Explain briefly in your submission email the equipment, settings, technique used and the story behind the image/images.
- Ensure EXIF info is intact (if image was taken digitally).
- Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please ensure your image is at least 600px wide and less than 3MB in size.
- Save your image as a JPG, and use the following naming convention FirstnameLastnameTime.jpg
- Don't forget to include a shooting summary (see above).
- Send your best photo by Monday, August 25th 2014 at 6pm UK time with "Shooting Challenge - Time" in the subject line.
- Anyone can enter, regardless of location.
- The most important rule -- HAVE FUN!
Our usual Shooting Challenge master Martin is off this week preparing for his wedding -- best of luck, Martin!