Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne would feel at home inside DARPA's GXV-T missile-dodging superbuggy. This video shows how the Pentagon's research arm wants the cockpit to be: closed, with high-definition touch screens providing wide-angle visibility and displaying combat information in augmented reality. It's really impressive.
- A closed cockpit that would use visualisation technologies to provide high-definition, wide-angle visibility of external conditions.
- Path planning that would display optimal routes.
- Sensors that would use a variety of technologies to visualise surroundings and identify and track allies and adversaries.
- Terrain classification that would evaluate surroundings for optimal travel surfaces.
- Autopilot capabilities that would automate routine driving tasks to enable drivers to focus on more strategic activities.