The beer-loving Campaign for Real Ale (Camra) has crowned Britain's best boozer, declaring the Salutation Inn its 2015 Pub of the Year.
Run by Peter Tiley, the Salutation Inn is a modest village pub that can be found in Ham, Gloucestershire. Describing it as a "gem" and picking it over 50,000 other British pubs, the Camra judges described it as "like being invited into a private house".
Camra also tipped its hat to 16 other pubs worthy of your time, and though The Door Hinge in Welling, Greater London features, the gastro-pub dominated capital otherwise doesn't get a mention.
Does your local get the Camra seal of approval? Here's the Camra top 16 in full:
- 5 Bells, Wickham, Berkshire
- The Victoria Inn, Colchester
- The Dog and Bone Lincoln
- The Windmill, Sevenoaks Weald, Sevenoaks
- The Freshfield, Freshfield, Formby
- The Steam Packet Inn, Isle of Whithorn, Scotland
- Prince of Wales, Cumbria
- The John Bull, Alnwick, Northumberland
- The Door Hinge, Welling, Greater London
- The Harewood Arms, Broadbottom, Greater Manchester
- The Kelham Island Tavern, Sheffield
- Surrey Oak, Parkgate, Newdigate
- The Pilot, Mumbles, Swansea
- The Beacon Hotel, Sedgley, Dudley, West Midlands
- The Lamplighter, St Helier
- The Salutation Inn, Ham, Berkley, Gloucestershire