Apple's new MacBook and MacBook Pros have a new Force Touch trackpad that adds pressure sensitivity. With that comes all kinds of new gestures and tricks, and 9to5Mac details 15 of the best ones in the video below.
You can do all kinds of cool new stuff with the new Force Click options, here's what 9to5Mac has found so far:
- Rename any label
- Preview any file
- Preview Calendar dates
- Click on any date to create an event
- Drop a pin in Maps
- Pressure sensitive zoom in Maps
- Lookup the definition of any word
- pressure sensitive fast forward
- Show all windows from an open app
- Right click on certain dock icons
- Edit contact details
- Add a contact with number or email address
- Preview any link (Safari only)
- Show Do Not Disturb options in Messages
- Pressure sensitive drawing
Obviously this isn't really useful enough to justify running out and buying one of those new laptops, but it's a nifty set of new features nonetheless.
This article originally appeared on Lifehacker UK -- the expert guide to getting things done more efficiently, whether at home or at work.