CineFix did a pretty solid job in creating a list for the best opening shots in movie history so its fitting that they would try and do something even harder, making the 10 best closing shots in movie history. If you’ve watched movies in your life, you should already know what will pop up on this sort of list and hopefully you’ll be reminded of some films you’ve forgotten or some you didn’t even realize ended so great.
Different movies choose to end differently (obviously). Sometimes there’s symbolism at play like in 2001: A Space Odyssey or sometimes it’s open ended to make you think too hard like in Inception or sometimes all the storylines gets wrapped up nicely like in Fight Club or sometimes it’s just like Casablanca. Whatever method it is, these are the most memorable ending scenes according to CineFix.
- Symbolic - 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
- Thematic - A Serious Man (2009)
- Visually Stunning - The Piano (1993)
- Visually Inventive - Gangs of New York (2002)
- Tied Up In a Bow w. a Cherry on Top - Fight Club (1999)
- Cliffhanger/Twist - Inception (2010)
- Perfectly Summarises - The Searchers (1956)
- Emotionally Haunting - Stalker (1979)
- Freeze Frame - The 400 Blows (1959)
- Iconic - Casablanca (1942)