Movies heavy in visual effects don’t usually age well because they’re often trapped in their own time capsule. Special effects that were supposed to be impressive become cheesy, and intimidating effects that were supposed to add to the plot become laughable. Nothing kills the suspension of disbelief faster than bad visuals.
But some movies like Jurassic Park, 2001: A Space Odyssey, and Back to the Future II have all aged really well even though they’re a bit dated in some aspects.
Here are 10 movies that WatchMojo think still look good after all this time:
- Jurassic Park (1993)
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
- Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991)
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)
- Back to the Future II (1989)
- Star Wars (1977)
- A Trip to the Moon (1902)
- Metropolis (1927)
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)
- Starship Troopers (1997)