Superheroes have superpowers, existing in worlds where reality doesn’t exactly exist, where people have weird names, and are totally not completely human. A lot of them are actually based on real people, though, which makes sense given that real people that invented our favourite characters - taking inspiration from the world around them.
Here are 10 superheroes based off of people from real life, from Screen Rant.
- Tony Stark/Iron Man - Howard Hughes
- Batman - Robert the Bruce and Mad Anthony Wayne
- Wonder Woman - Creator’s William Moulton Marston’s wife and his research assistant
- Constantine - Sting
- Bucky Barnes - Bucky Pearson, star player on co-creater Joe Simon’s basketball team
- The Flash/Barry Allen - Barry Gray and Steve Allen
- J. Jonah Jameson - Stan Lee
- Professor X - Martin Luther King Jr. and Yul Brynner
- Superman - Douglas Fairbanks and others
- The Joker - Conrad Veit’s character in The Man Who Laughs