A quick look at Reddit has shown us that lots of people who either own a Pixel phone or touch themselves while flicking through stories about it really want to know how to get the handset to show battery percentage, and not just a small, partially coloured-in icon.
Though battery percentage shows up when the Pixel’s charging, you have to swipe down twice from the top of the screen to see it when the phone’s off charge. Annoying. It’s one of the only bad things we can really say about stock Android.
Fortunately, it doesn’t take much to make the battery percentage figure permanently visible.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the Quick Settings menu
- Tap and hold the cog -- this will enable the System UI Tuner and a spanner will appear next to the cog
- Hit settings and scroll to the bottom of the menu
- Select System UI Tuner, then Status Bar, then Battery
- Choose between Always Show Percentage, Show Percentage When Charging and Don’t Show This Icon
Cheers for flagging that up, Andowsdan.