Android-using people wanting to tune into the first and only opening episode of The Grand Tour on their phones this morning were in for a nasty surprise when they tried to download the Amazon Video app from the Google Play store.
It’s either not there, or listed as “incompatible with all of your devices”.
Fortunately, there is a way to defy the people intent on making your life that bit more miserable than it already is. Here’s how to install the Amazon Video app on your Android device.
- Download Amazon Underground, which you’ll find here
- As the webpage will instruct you, head to the Security menu in your Settings and enable Unknown Sources
- Wait patiently as your phone actually downloads Amazon Underground
- Tap the app to install it
- Launch Underground and sign into your Amazon account
- Search for Amazon Video and download it
- Disable Unknown Sources
- Watch as much of The Grand Tour as you can while your boss pretends to work in his office
- Watch new Top Gear again
- Say something mean about Chris Evans
More GizUK Grand Tour Coverage: