At long, long last, Apple has finally released the promotional video for its picture book, Designed by Apple in California, and it’s every bit as powerful as you’d expect.
Jony Ive take centre stage, speaking in an impossible-to-pinpoint accent, and delivers a number inspirational lines throughout the clip.
Here are his most mind-blowing quotes:
- “One of the things we’ve learnt is the importance of listening. Because as we all know, the very best ideas can very often come from the quietest voice.”
- “Ideas are not predictable in terms of when you’ll have them, and how many you’re going to have.”
- “Over the years, we’ve really created a team and an environment that I think really increases the probability of good ideas.”
- “We design three-dimensional objects and we make lots and lots of models and prototypes.”
- “We have really made it a practice to just have our heads down and work.”
- “[While flicking through pictures of old Apple products] Of course, as designers, you live in the future [still flicking through pictures of old stuff]. It’s not that we’re not interested in the work we’ve done before [still flicking through pictures of old stuff]. It’s just we are so consumed by what we haven’t done yet.”