A Man in Singapore Caught a Lapras and Died

By Holly Brockwell on at

There's no doubt that some people take Pokémon Go a bit too seriously - me included - but a player in Singapore has possibly set a new record by dying of a heart attack shortly after catching a Lapras and Granbull.

The 67-year-old had been out for dinner with his family, the Metro reports, before going home to change. He then headed out to Marine Bay Sands in Singapore to hunt some critters, as he often did.

Shortly after capturing the Granbull and Lapras, the retiree collapsed. He was rushed to hospital but died shortly after arrival. He had a history of cardiac problems, so it's possible it wasn't the Lapras that caused it, but if it had Water Gun and Ice Beam, all bets are off.

His wife said he was an avid Pokémon collector, a level 28 trainer with more than 200 types in his Pokédex. Hope you catch some kickass 'mon in heaven, dude. [Lianhe Wanbao via Metro]