Apple's announced a lot of new stuff tonight, but there's one important feature coming to the iPhone 8 and iPhone X that it didn't even bother to mention out loud: fast charging. Just look at the very bottom of the specs lists:
We're all aware that smartphone battery lives are pretty pathetic, with iPhones having a worse reputation than most. One of the biggest issues is that once your battery is dead, it takes an age to recharge again, which is why lots of other big companies have had fast charging features. Now Apple is playing catch-up again, only revealing that information in a blink-and-you-miss it spec list.
We don't know any timings of specs for the new fast charging, since nobody failed to mention it. But parity is a good thing, even if this is a feature Apple should have introduced a couple of years ago.
Everything Else From Apple's iPhone X Reveal Event
- The New Apple Watch Is Basically Also a Smartphone
- Well Here it is at Last: the iPhone 8
- Apple TV 4K Is a 4K Apple TV, Finally
- Did Apple Just Stage a Life-Threatening Car Wreck for Its Emotional Apple Watch Advert?
- iPhone X: Everything You Need to Know About Apple's Most Exciting Phone in Years
- Apple Quietly Introduced Fast Charging For iPhone X and iPhone 8
- How Apple's New Face ID Works
- iPhone X Will Cost at Least £145 More In the UK Than the US
- Every iPhone X Feature You Can't Get in a Non-Apple Smartphone
- Everything the iPhone X Doesn't Have
- Apple's AirPower Wireless Charging Mat Coming Next Year
- Our Friends at TechRadar Went Hands-on With the iPhone X
- Everything Apple Announced Today
- Did Apple Just Kill Rose Gold?
- When Can You Get All the Shit Apple Announced?
- iPhones Compared: How the iPhone X Stacks Up Against iPhone 8 and 8 Plus