Star Wars day may be an event on the nerd calendar, but that's not stopping the big companies from using it to help market their own services. Amazon is one of them, and to mark May 4th it's reminding people Alexa is a big fan of the saga.
If you have an Echo you'll already know that Alexa is full of trivia and eater eggs, provided you use the right voice command to activate it. You may have tried some of these before, but if you haven't there's no better day to put her skills to the test:
- Alexa, who is the best Jedi?
- Alexa, can you talk like Yoda?
- Alexa, do you like Star Wars?
- Alexa, aren’t you a little tall for a storm trooper?
- Alexa, what’s the Jedi code?
- Alexa, I am your father
- Alexa, there is no try
- Alexa, tell me a princess Leia Quote
- Alexa, May the Force be with you
- Alexa, May the fourth be with you
- Alexa, when is Star Wars Day?
- Alexa, what order should I watch Star Wars in?
- Alexa, who is Luke Skywalker’s father?
- Alexa, tell me a Star Wars joke
- Alexa, tell me a Star Wars quote
- Alexa, I have killed the last Jedi
Amazon also has a 'Best of Star Wars' playlist available on Amazon Music, featuring two hours of the best music the Star Wars franchise has to offer. Unfortunately it's not just two hours of the Mos Eisley Cantina Band, but it is a mix of tracks from eight Star Wars films - not including The Last Jedi. Obviously you're going to have to pay to listen to those tracks, unless you already have a Music Unlimited subscription. If you want to listen, all you need to do is say “Alexa, play the Best of Star Wars playlist.”