Another Black Friday heads-up, this time from tech behemoths Huawei: the MateBook X Pro, which was unveiled at Mobile World Congress in February and only went on sale this September, will be getting a price cut at lots of retailers from tomorrow.
Here's a refresher of what the laptop offers:
"The 13.9-inch HUAWEI MateBook X Pro features a 3K 10-point touch screen and a FullView display with a 91% screen-to-body ratio and 4.4mm narrow bezels. Inside is a powerful 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8550U or i5-8250U processor, a powerful 57.4Wh battery for extended use and discrete graphics NVIDIA®GeForce® MX150 with 2GB GDDR5.
The Huawei MateBook X Pro redefines the traditional PC design, it is 14.6mm thin and weighs just 1.33kg, this truly is a powerful device with the full functionality of a PC.
Huawei also collaborated with Dolby on a powerful quad-speaker system featuring the Dolby ATMOS® Sound System to provide consumers with an immersive sound experience."
Yep, it's basically a MacBook Pro for people who don't want to buy a MacBook Pro.
It's also the laptop that famously has its webcam hidden in a key on the keyboard that pops up when needed:
— Holly Brockwell (@holly) February 28, 2018
Here are the crucial points from our full MateBook X Pro review:
- The Matebook X Pro’s 3000 x 2000 screen is gorgeous and has tiny bezels.
- While the hidden webcam isn’t in the ideal position, it’s better what you get from an XPS13. It’s also cool as hell.
- The optional Nvidia GeForce MX150 isn’t a full gaming-grade GPU, but it’s a big boon to people who need a little extra graphics power.
- Two USB-C ports and one USB-A port is just enough connectivity, but a SD card reader would have been nice.
- Battery life is surprisingly good, despite its thinness and potent specs.
Starting tomorrow (16th November) and lasting until the 28th – way past actual Black Friday on the 23rd – you'll be able to get £100 off the MateBook X Pro from retailers including Amazon, Argos, Very.co.uk and AO.com.
The deal applies to both the 256GB and 512GB models in 'Shot Grey' (not a typo, apparently).
That means you'll get the 256GB MateBook X Pro for £1,199.99 instead of £1,299.99 (at Argos, AO and Amazon), and the 512GB MateBook X Pro for £1,399.99 instead of £1,499.99 (at Amazon, Argos and Very.co.uk).
Check out the rest of the deals that have been unveiled so far on our Black Friday 2018 hub.