It’s said that Sir Jimmy Savile’s final words were: “I oversaw the age of the train. The fact that I won’t oversee the age of the tablet computer has broken my heart. Goodbye world.” More or less – we might have embellished some of that a little bit.
But never mind, because it IS the age of the tablet computer; one more thing for us to have to worry about being nicked out of our bags while we’re sitting around in the pub. If you’re keen to look beyond the world of the iPad, here’s a couple of tastily-priced tablets that you might be keen to maul at some point. For £234.99, you could take ownership of the 16GB HTC Flyer, which is Android-powered and has room for expansion with its microSD card slot. Then there’s the Archos 80 G9 – also Android-powered and with a whopping 250GB of storage space packed into its tablety shell. All for only a fiver more, at £239.99. Sleep tight Sir Jimmy, we’ll take things from hereon in…
- Pre-order the Sony PS Vita (Wi-fi) plus an 8GB memory card and one game – all for £234.00.
- Puss In Boots at Vue cinemas during half term – only £1.50 a ticket.
- Terminator 2 (Skynet Edition) on Blu-ray – just £4.99.
- Panasonic Viera TX-P50S30 Plasma HD 1080p TV -- just £499.95
- Nokia Lumia 710 on PAYG with O2 – only £200
- Pay what you want for the new Humble Bundle (for Windows, Mac, Linux & Android).
- £6 off at Morrison's when you spend £40 -- voucher required.
- KRE-O Transformers Prowl Toy RRP £17.66 – now £4.42 delivered.
- Assassins Creed Revelations for the PS3 and Xbox 360 – yours for only £21.99.
- AVG Internet Security 2012; 68 per cent off at £13.