Family Claims iPhone Electrocuted Their Daughter

By Gary Cutlack on at

The family of a 23-year-old Chinese girl are claiming she was electrocuted by her iPhone, with a post on a local social network suggesting the girl died after answering a call.

Which sounds rather unlikely, and a clue as to what really happened may come from the explanation given by the relatives. The older sister of the girl says she was electrocuted after answering a call while the phone was charging, so it sounds like this may be more like a case of "Crappy Cheap Mains Charger Electrocutes Person" than anything specific to Apple.

We'll find out soon enough, as Apple and the local police are now investigating the case. [China Daily via The Inquirer]

Image credit: Power station from Shutterstock