Everyone has to celebrate Black Friday, and when all your biggest rivals are knocking money off their plans then you can't afford to ignore the annual shopping day. I'm guessing that's what Sky has been thinking, anyway, because it's just gone and announced a bunch of Black Friday deals. Deals on Sky Q and its own personal mobile network. Let's take a look at what's on offer.
The biggest and best-sounding deal is for people joining or upgrading to Sky Q, with a special Black Friday Bundle. The £55 a month package comes with the Ultimate on Demand pack (box sets and Netflix), Sky Cinema, Sky Entertainment with HD (including Sky Atlantic, Sky Q Experience (what used to be called multi-room), and a free 43-inch LG UHD TV. Apparently that TV is worth £399, so if you don't have Sky Q or a 4K TV then you might want to consider whether this deal is right for you.
Naturally it's only available while stocks last, so let's hope Sky doesn't pull a Xiaomi and has more than three available.
Sky Mobile deals are also available to anyone joining or renewing their Sky TV package, offering freebies like extra data and accessories. All deals come with 2GB of data, plus unlimited calls and texts, unless otherwise stated:
- Get a 9.7-inch iPad for £10 a month on a Swap36 plan. Down from £16
- Get an iPhone 6 or iPhone SE, down from £16, on a Swap24 plan
- Get 20GB of data added to your Sky Piggybank when you buy the new iPhone XR on a Swap24 plan, with prices starting at £34 a month.
- Get a Samsung Galaxy S9 with a free wireless charging pad, with prices starting at £31 a month on a Swap24 plan
- Get the Samsung Galaxy A8 with a free Galaxy Tab A7 for £20 a month on a Swap24 plan
- Get a free pair of Sony WH-H800 h.ear on 2 Mini Wireless Headphones with any Xperia handset, including the XZ3 (from £30 a month), XZ2, and XZ1 (from £16 a month)
- Get a free Huawei MediaPad T3 7" when buying the P20 Pro. Prices start at £30 a month on a Swap24 plan.
- Get more data with any phone or tablet, with 2GB and 4GB for £6 and £12 as month respectively
Sky's also knocked the price of its Fibre Unlimited Broadband down to £25 a month, on an 18 month contract. That includes line rental, and doesn't require you to sign up for Sky TV. It does, however, come with a £9.95 activation fee.
You can check out all these deals, and more, over on Sky's dedicated Black Friday page. All deals run until 29th November, or while stocks last.