Everyone on the internet loves cats, so it's no doubt good news for Londoners that a major cat festival is coming to the Tobacco Dock in East London this May.
LondonCats, as it's inventively called, is apparently the biggest cat expo in Europe and the first event of this type in the UK.
Cattractions will include:
- A Street Cat Named Bob author James Bowen and Bob (that's Bob above in the scarf)
- An international cat show with over 200 competitors and 7 judging rings
- Cool kitty breeds including the Bengal, British shorthair, Maine coon, sphynx, lykoi (werewolf cat), American curl and Toyger
- Cat agility displays
- Cisco Systems co-founder Sandy Lerner reading excerpts of her book ‘Caticons: 4,000 Years of Art Imitating Cats'
- An entire cat shopping village
The show takes place on the 4th and 5th of May (that's a weekend, thankfully, so office workers won't have to pull a sickie -- though no one would blame you if you did) between 9am and 5pm at the Tobacco Dock (recently home to Hyper Japan and the Samsung Galaxy S10 launch, among other things).
Tickets cost between £15 and £25 and we reckon they'll sell out, so don't paws -- get on it.