DJI is unveiling something tomorrow, and that something is likely to be a serious contender to GoPro's action cameras. The rumoured DJI OSMO Action reportedly leaked ahead of this week's launch event, scheduled for May 15th at 2PM, with Photo Rumours posting specs and images of the camera.
The GoPro Hero 7 – which made our list of the 23 coolest gadgets of 2018 – had better watch its back if the details of DJI's newest offering are accurate. Hot on the heels of its Osmo Pocket, that wasn't quite an action cam, according to the company, the Osmo Action supposedly features two screens - front and back - to accommodate content creators who live stream and vlog, and if the product packaging is anything to go by, it looks to be waterproof to some degree.
According to Singletrackworld's sources, the camera could also offer 8x slow-motion features and is potentially capable of recording at 240fps. You can check out the full list of rumoured specs below.
- Image stabilisation system
- Dual LCD display
- 1/2.3′′ 12MP CMOS Image Sensor – Sony IMX377
- Ambarella H2 image processor
- FOV: 145° f2.8
- Shutter: 1/8000-120s
- Video specifications: 4K60p with 8x slow motion, 1080p video 120k
- HDR and automatic time-lapse photography
- Shooting mode: single, AEB continuous shooting, countdown shooting, multiple continuous shooting, interval shooting
There's not long left now until the unveiling of whatever it is that DJI has in store for us, so check back in tomorrow to find out more on its newest camera. [SlashGear]