A month after EE launched the UK's first 5G mobile network, Vodafone is the second network operator to follow suit with its 5G going live today.
Announced back in May, Vodafone's 5G network has rolled out in seven cities today, including Birmingham, Bristol, London, Manchester, Liverpool, Cardiff, and Glasgow. Eager customers didn't have to wait until today though as Vodafone was offering its 5G deals two months ago.
While EE may have pipped it to the post, Vodafone will be the first UK service provider to offer 5G roaming in four European countries over the summer.
Vodafone also revealed its unlimited data business plans, which won't cost any more than its 4G contracts.
"Our Soho and SME customers tell us they see their data allowance as a data limit," said Anne Sheehan, business director of Vodafone UK. "Today, we are removing this constraint. Vodafone Business Unlimited and Business Add-Ons will provide everything businesses need to thrive, including connectivity, data, apps, services and support. It is part of our commitment to be the go-to Digital Partner for UK businesses.”
The company details three of its 5G business plans, as well as unlimited data plans for regular customers. You can check out the business plans below:
- Business Unlimited Lite is perfect for a small business wanting reliable email and internet browsing as well as social media to engage with their customers from just £19.16/month excl. VAT.
- Business Unlimited is ideal for professional services such as an estate agent or marketing consultant wishing to use Google maps to get around or upload and download larger files, images and video from £21.66/month excl. VAT.
- Business Unlimited Max is the ultimate choice for businesses providing unlimited data and the fastest 5G available plus Vodafone’s best-in-class roaming offer, all from £25.00/month excl. VAT.
And if you're a private individual looking to save some cash, give these 5G SIM only deals a gander (via Express):
- Unlimited Max: Prices at £30 per month, users get unlimited mobile access at speeds as fast as the device and the network will allow. If you're planning on watching live TV on the go in 4K or re into mobile gaming, this is the one for you.
- Unlimited: At £26 per month, customers will get speeds of up to 10 Mbps, and is ideal for those of you who like to stream series and films on your device.
- Unlimited Lite: The cheapest, at £23 per month, this plan offers speeds up to 2 Mbps and is geared for social media, surfing the internet, streaming music, and general low data internet activities.
You can find out more on Vodafone's website.