The Coca Cola truck has become synonymous with Christmas and it's going on tour for photo ops.
It's not Christmas if there's not a geriatric old man or a couple of polar bears pushing sugar-filled drinks onto your kids, while a big, glowing red truck ominously sails past in the background, and you can visit that very same truck on its UK tour that starts his weekend and wraps up next month.
Apparently the truck has been doing the rounds for almost a decade, and this year, new stops have been added to the list, making for a total of 19 locations ahead of its final London stop.
The Coca Cola site mentions a "glittering winter wonderland setting" for your photos, so I'm assuming they'll be sprucing up the place to draw in the masses. Visitors to the truck will get a 150ml Coca-Cola zero sugar, and if you swing by its Asda and Sainsbury's stops, you can buy a pack of 250ml glass bottles of Coca-Cola personalised with your name. Let's hope they're printing out labels there and then, because the likelihood of finding a bottle with 'Shabana' emblazoned across it is zero, and I'm sure there are equally ridiculous names out there that'll struggle.
In the spirit of Christmas, there's a bit of fundraising going on, with Coca Cola donating 10p to Crisis, the national homelessness charity, for every can tossed into its recycling bins throughout the truck's tour, so you're now obliged to chug a can while visiting the truck and disposing of it there and then to make sure the charity actually benefits.
Check out the touring schedule below to find out when the holidays are coming to your neck of the woods:
- Friday 15th and Saturday 16th November: 32 Newcraighall Rd, Edinburgh EH15 3RD (Open 12-7pm)
- Friday 15th and Saturday 16th November: 49 The Hayes, St David's Dewi Sant, Cardiff CF10 2ER (Open 11:30am-6:30pm)
- Tuesday 19th November: Asda, Creechbarrow Rd, Taunton TA1 2AN (Open 12-7pm)
- Thursday 21st November: Asda Boldon, North Rd, Newcastle upon Tyne, Boldon Colliery NE35 9AR (Open 12-7pm)
- Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd November: White Rose Shopping Centre, Leeds, LS11 8LU (Open 12-7pm)
- Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd November: Cribbs Causeway, Bristol, BS34 5DG (Open 12-7pm)
- Wednesday 27th November: Asda, Pudsey, Leeds, LS28 6AR (Open 12-7pm)
- Friday 29th and Saturday 30th November: Whiteley Shopping Centre, Portsmouth, PO15 7PD (Open 12-7pm)
- Friday 29th and Saturday 30th November: Marshalls Yard, Gainsborough, DN21 2NA (Open 12-7pm)
- Monday 2nd December: Asda Eastlands, Manchester, M11 4BD (Open 12-7pm)
- Tuesday 3rd December: Asda, Leyton Mill, London, E10 5NH (Open 12-7pm)
- Wednesday 4th December: Asda, Watford, London, WD24 7RT (Open 12-7pm)
- Friday 6th – Saturday 7th December: Intu Trafford Centre, Manchester, M17 8AA (Open 12-7pm)
- Friday 6th – Saturday 7th December: Intu Merry Hill, Dudley, DY5 1QX (Open 12-7pm)
- Tuesday 10th December: Sainsbury’s Beckton, London, E6 6JF (Open 12-7pm)
- Wednesday 11th December: Sainsbury’s Cricketers Retail Park, Cricketers Way, Basildon, SS13 1SA (Open 12-7pm)
- Friday 13th and Saturday 14th December: Events Square, Cheshire Oaks, Liverpool, CH65 9JJ (Open 12-7pm)
- Friday 13th and Saturday 14th December: Intu Lakeside, London, RM20 2ZP (Open 12-7pm)
- Sunday 15th December: 02 Arena, London, SE10 0DX (12-7pm)