Moto Razr is a new kind of foldable phone, taking on the classic characteristics of a flip phone instead of the tablet-like designs used by Samsung, Huawei, and Royole. It's just been revealed that the phone is set to arrive very soon, and you can go ahead and pre-order one from EE right now. And it ain't cheap.
Well first we have to talk about the release date. It's been confirmed that the phone will be arriving in the hands of consumers from 6th February in the US, but EE doesn't have a definite date on when the Razr will launch in the UK. That said it promises that you won't have to wait more than 28 days, which means you could have a Razr in your possession by the end of February - assuming you're willing to pay.
Now your cheapest way to get the phone is on an eye-watering £94 a month contract with £100 upfront. That's a 24 month contract, obviously (they all are) which means you're going to have to shell out £2,356 for the device. And that only gets you 10GB of data a month with no additional special benefits.
The most expensive is £114 a month with £30 upfront, which means the maximum you'll pay is £2,766 - not that this is a small amount of money by any means. But at least than gets you unlimited data and two swappable benefits to enjoy. But if that's too much, and the 10GB plan isn't enough, there are eight more plans for you to enjoy:
- £99 a month, with £50 upfront, for 60GB of data and no extra benefits. Total: £2,426
- The same £99 a month and £50 upfront for just 30GB of data and no extra benefits. This is rubbish in comparison, so don't get this.
- £99 a month and £100 upfront for 10GB of data and one swappable benefit. Total: £2,476
- £104 a month and £30 upfront for 100GB data and no extra benefits. Total: £2,526
- £104 a month and £50 upfront for 60GB of data and one swappable benefit. Total: £2,546
- The same £104 a moth and £50 upfront for 30GB of data and one swappable benefit. Don't get this either.
- £109 a month and £30 upfront for unlimited data and no extra benefits. Total: £2,646
- £109 a month and £30 upfront for 100GB data and two swappable benefits. Total: £2,646
No word on a SIM free option, either from EE or Motorola, so for now this is what you're going to have to live with. [T3]