Despite January having taken ten billion actual years to finish, somehow February 2020 is going at a ridiculous pace. Which means quite a few people didn't realise until today that it's Valentine's Day, and they are way too late to get a good table at a fancy restaurant.
Lidl was apparently counting on this, and has a whole range of Valentine's food ready for those who can't go out or don't want to (and we can't blame you in this grey, wet, coronavirus-y atmosphere).
The food is surprisingly highbrow considering where it's come from (and the price tag, obvs) – two breaded camemberts for £2.29, 12 garlic dough balls for £1.29 (beat that, Pizza Express), champagne for £12.49 and two steaks for £6.99.
Here's the full list:
- 12 All-Butter Filled Garlic Dough Balls – £1.29
- 2 Breaded Cornish Camembert with Dip (Sour Cherry & Thyme/Pomegranate) – £2.29
- Premium Houmous Selection – £1.99
- 2 British Beef Sirloin Steaks – £6.99
- Scottish Mussels in Tomato & Chorizo Sauce – £1.99
- Premium Vegetable Sides (Petits Pois with Leek & Pancetta / Green Vegetable Selection with Mint & Herb Butter) – £1.69
- Premium Vegetable Bake Sides (Carrot, Parsnip & Leek Bake/Potato Dauphinoise) – £1.99
- Premium Meal for Two (Beef Lasagne / Crispy Pancetta Macaroni Cheese / Cottage Pie / Meatballs Al Forno) – £3.79
- Deluxe Sourdough Pizza (Buffalo Mozzarella & Semi-Dried Tomato / Chargrilled Vegetable & Pesto / Spicy
- Chicken Arrabbiata / Spicy Italian Schiacciata Salami) – £3.29
- Two Cheesecakes (Sicilian Lemon / Belgian Chocolate) – £1.79
- Six Heart-Shaped Macarons – £2.99
- Ice cream (Salted Caramel & Praline / Madagascan Vanilla / Strawberry Cheesecake) – £1.99
- Comte de Senneval Champagne Brut – £12.49
All images: Lidl